Question

When Spotify on Alexa

• 11 November 2017
  • 10 replies

When will Spotify work through Sonos via Alexa, I don't want to hear "Soon" or "by the end of the year" or anything similar I want an official, exact date and having read all the infuriated posts I don't think it's an unreasonable question.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

If you had actually read all the posts you would have seen that Sonos has given an exact date, December 21 2017. This is also prominently displayed at the top of this FAQ:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4343
That is not an exact date, it says “by” 21st December as you clearly didn’t read what I asked
Please tell me you aren't serious. You aren't complaining about an exact "deliver by" date, are you? Tell me, what are you going to do if they deliver it before then, call the Better Business Bureau?

Just when I thought I'd heard it all. And people wonder why Sonos hardly ever gives dates or timelines . . . :8
I was making a point because I don’t like your attitude!
You were offended by me actually answering your question, despite your obvious condescending tone? Then you subsequently thought the most absurd post ever seen would somehow counter my "attitude"? 😃
Lol ....grahamjones made me laugh out loud - he has to be a wind up merchant. But to make a serious point is Sonos/Alexa support for Spotify coming to all countries (i.e Europe) or it just the going to be available in the USA?.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Lol ....grahamjones made me laugh out loud - he has to be a wind up merchant. But to make a serious point is Sonos/Alexa support for Spotify coming to all countries (i.e Europe) or it just the going to be available in the USA?.

My understanding is that it will be available for all countries that have the Sonos Skill enabled.
Good news...there a lot of negative feedback around about the lack of Spotify integration but I'm quite happy kicking off from my PC and then voice controlling as I move around the house doing the chores.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
If you have an Echo device you can also select Spotify as your default music source under Alexa app Settings>Accounts>Music & Media>Choose Default Music Service. This will then give you the ability to start Spotify audio via voice control from an Echo device until Spotify is supported on the Sonos skill on (or before! 🙂 ) Dec 21
Thanks for the tip...I'll give it a try. At the moment I like to browse the curated selections on Spotify and don't tend to have favourite playlists as such.