Question

When is Spotify support coming to Alexa?

• 20 October 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge
I have been waiting for voice control on Sonos for a while. Now we have it.. fantastic.... or maybe not?
Still we wait for Spotify support. I don’t have pandora or amazon music. Although you can start Spotify from the app then use voice control to skip through tracks and control volume I just don’t see the point if you can’t start music with Alexa.
I

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

We know it is coming. We don't know exactly when.... except that it will be when it's ready. Patience is the only option.
I was excited, then disappointed as well. So close... Found a USA Today article that said “By year's end, Sonos plans to let Alexa have full voice control of Spotify. As of now, you cannot ask Alexa to play specific Spotify tracks or playlists, but you can pick Spotify tracks, albums or playlists in the Sonos app and then ask Alexa to pause, skip or adjust the volume using your voice. “ https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnists/2017/10/19/sonos-plus-alexa-makes-smart-and-great-sounding-speaker/778749001/
Badge +1
Is there any update yet on using Spotify on this feature
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I have read that it will be "before the holidays" - which in English means before Crimbo
Actually, they set an actual date of December 21, 2017. Which in English means "December 21, 2017."
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
This seems to be working already. I can ask Alexa to play Spotify on Sonos speakers via my Sonos One and via an echo dot. Tried it for the first time today and was very surprised it worked. I have now set Spotify as my default music service in Alexa.