Answered

When did Alexa start ungrouping Sonos?

• 12 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Just noticed that in last few days when I say “Play X in bedroom” instead of the group that bedroom is in playing, bedroom is ungrouped and playback started independently.

When did this change, is it configurable, and if not what’s the recommendation for how groups should work now? I have 10 zones and often listen in different combinations. My expectation is that I can address any member of a group to control the whole group.

Am I supposed to create groups in the Alexa app and always start playback with them instead? That’s fiddly.
icon

Best answer by Smilja 15 December 2018, 15:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

YES,
I have come to this forum to ask exactly that.
Used to play on a group saying any speaker in the group, but sometime in the past 2 days this doesn't work any more.
[...] Am I supposed to create groups in the Alexa app and always start playback with them instead? That’s fiddly.
No, you are not. It is a bug that is going to be resolved.
Same thing happening for me. Hopefully this will be fixed soon as very frustrating having to group every morning after asking Alexa to play radio to Bedroom and then having to ask Alexa to “stop” to each speaker.
Yes I can confirm this as well and it's really annyoing.
See here for further information on the topic.