Volume control

• 6 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge
hello all :)

I have a problem on my echo dots if I ask alexa to turn volume louder or lower alexa turns the volume on the dot not the sonos ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge
I have the same problem when saying "Alexa, turn up volume in (room xxxx) or anything similar, Alexa responds with xxxxx isn’t responding. Have you figured this out?
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
I have the same problem when saying "Alexa, turn up volume in (room xxxx) or anything similar, Alexa responds with xxxxx isn’t responding. Have you figured this out?
I get this a lot too. Last night I tried closing the Sonos app on my iPhone and then Alexa gave me no problems. Not sure if that's a fix but it seemed to work.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
hello all :)

I have a problem on my echo dots if I ask alexa to turn volume louder or lower alexa turns the volume on the dot not the sonos ?

You have to specify room name, not just Alexa.
Same problem. Reducing volume in Alexa dins my lights and volume doesn’t change. Maddening.
Badge +1
You have to specify the room name for the Sonos. Ive given my Sonos Play 1 speaker the simple name of 'Sonos'. so if I want to change the volume on the Sonos I have to say 'Alexa, Sonos volume 6". If I didn't say the word 'Sonos' then Alexa would adjust the volume on my Dot instead.