Answered

voice assistant cannot play music when prompted

• 9 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Recently taken my somos roam away and connected to the holiday home wifi. Worked ok to start with but now Alexa won’t play music when prompted. Alexa works and searches as expected but for some reason music cannot be triggered. I have to do it manually via the sonos App. I tried re-authorising the music services, reinstalled Amazon music, but still nothing. Is very strange. Any ideas? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 10 April 2023, 12:01

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Siggygym 

Thanks for your post!

Please try disabling and re-enabling the Sonos skill for Alexa in the Alexa app. Alexa app » More » Skills & Games » Search Alexa Skills and type Sonos » Sonos » Disable Skill. Once done, tap Enable to Use.

If that doesn’t help, there’s a more complicated solution:

• Repeat the steps above, but do not tap Enable to Use at the end.
  • In the Sonos app, go to Settings » Services & Voice » Amazon Alexa » go through each room with Alexa installed in turn and Remove Alexa » Confirm.
  • Once all copies of Alexa have been removed from Sonos rooms, go back to the Alexa app
  • Alexa app » More » Settings » Device Settings » tap each Sonos-related entry here and tap Registered To (Deregister).
  • Once all Sonos-related entries have been deregistered from the Alexa app, return to the Sonos app.
  • Sonos app » Settings » Services & Voice » Add a Voice Assistant » Amazon Alexa and follow the on-screen prompts. Our Set up Amazon Alexa with a voice-enabled Sonos speaker help page has full instructions.

The “complicated solution” will require more work when you get home, though it should be as simple as asking Alexa to “discover devices”.

I hope this helps.