Answered

Using Play One to play TV from Playbar over other speakers

• 15 July 2018
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies
I have a Playbar connected to my tv and a Sonos One in another room and other Sonos speakers in other rooms. I am able to group rooms in the Sonos ap to play the tv on any other speakers.

How do I tell Alexa via my Sonos One to play the sound from the playbar (while it is providing audio for my tv) in other rooms? Everything I have tried is met with a dead end.
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 15 July 2018, 09:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

It's not possible to move music from one Sonos device to another or to group speakers via voice control. If this is something that you want to happen all of the time, then please open the Sonos App>Settings>Room Settings>{Your Playbar} and select the TV tab. Then deselect the option 'Ungroup on Autoplay', the TV output will now be output to any speakers grouped with the Playbar in the Sonos App.

There is a 'but' here though - You will experience lip sync issues on your Sonos One and the audio will not be 100% synced between your Playbar and other speakers.