Answered

Using Amazon Alexa on Sonos Move outside of USA

• 30 July 2022
  • 1 reply

I live in Sint Maarten in the Caribbean most of the year.  I would like to be able to stream Alexa through my Sonos Move, and bought it specifically because it was, “alexa enabled.” However, once I got it set up, I’ve found that Alexa does not work on the sonos in Sint Maarten.  My amazon devices work fine, but don’t have the cordless capabilities that the Move has.  Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 30 July 2022, 18:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

The people who control the availability of Alexa in Sint Maarten is Amazon. They are also the people who have to give Sonos the legal right to activate Alexa there, so there is often an amount of time that occurs between Amazon allowing it on their own devices, and then authorizing Sonos to use it. 

You may want to check with Amazon to see where they are in the legal process of getting their system authorized to run in that location…and then once they do, when they’ll give Sonos the ability to use it as well.