Using Alexa on two Sonos One devices

• 20 December 2017
  • 3 replies

I have just bought a second Sonos One. I am using each Sonos One in different rooms. If one of the Sonos is switched off, or not playing music, then Alex responds. However, if one is playing music then the second Sonos will not play anything and Alexa will not respond and tells me to set up the Sonos skills app. However, sometimes, it might switch the music off in the other room and then play. No idea what is going on.

So, can you use Alexa on two devices that are playing at the same time?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Two things:

How close are the rooms? Meaning can they both hear the command at the same time.
Most importantly...Did you name the rooms with distinct names such as bedroom and kitchen?
Thanks. I think I finally figured it out. A few things. One, there was an issue with naming, that did not help with this specific issue, but it did with a minor one. The main thing seemed to be that I was using Spotify and it seems that you can not stream more than one stream at a time (unless it it radio). Switching to Amazon music family plan fixed that and everything works well. I have what I think is called the ducking issue, which is if in one room Alexa is asked something, the sound goes down in another for a short period, but I believe there is no fix for that right now?
Not currently. Sonos has indicated that they're working on figuring it out.