Question

using Alexa on sonos one - apple music

• 30 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I very recently bought a sonos one and love it and the sound quality. Eventually will be getting the playbar.

I use Apple Music and when I ask Alexa to move to the next song she keeps saying no music or something and only works with amazon music.

How do I get Alexa to skip tracks and search my library for songs so I don't have to keep browsing through my phone / tablet?

Many thanks.
K

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

To skip or go to the previous track.

"Alexa, skip in (room name)"

"Alexa, previous in (room name)"

You cannot search your library for songs using Apple Music, only the services you have installed via the Amazon Alexa app. You can start play via the Sonos app and then control playback for any service via Alexa with skip/previous; also pause/resume, volume control, and ask what is playing.
Excellent will try this. Appreciate the quick response.

Found some other articles about the Apple Music but not too much of an issue for me as long a week I can skip etc. As I usually play my library randomly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Just a note, if you're using the Sonos One, you shouldn't need to use the room name either when you tell it to skip.