Question

use Alexa to play my music library to sonos speakers

How can I get Alexa to play My Music Library (using the Bridge to my NAS drive) onto my Sonos speakers

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19
No, not currently. There is a solution using plex I believe, not never looked into it myself.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
There are other 3rd party solutions too. Go to the Skills section of the Amazon store, search for Sonos, read the descriptions.
Thanks for your help on this. I have looked at My Speaker skill but it’s a little unclear whether you can access the files through the Bridge. I have raised this with the writer and await a reply. Once I hear back I will update this posts
thanks again
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Thanks for your help on this. I have looked at My Speaker skill but it’s a little unclear whether you can access the files through the Bridge. I have raised this with the writer and await a reply. Once I hear back I will update this posts
thanks again

That's me 🙂 So long as Sonos has been configured to read your NAS, you should be fine.

thanks again
That's me 🙂 So long as Sonos has been configured to read your NAS, you should be fine.

And I might add, I don't know what you mean by 'access the files through the Bridge'. I am not sure it means anything. That may explain why it's not mentioned in connection with the My Speaker skill!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
There is also the option of using IFTTT and the trigger to play a favourite with either Alexa or Google Assistant.. The downside is that you would need to create a trigger for each playlist.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
What is "My Speaker" skill? Is it different to the Sonos skill?
What is "My Speaker" skill? Is it different to the Sonos skill?
It is a third party skill to use with Sonos, which apparently allows Alexa control of the local library.

@controlav is its developer. He has been admirably careful not to over-plug it on this forum, IMO.

What is "My Speaker" skill? Is it different to the Sonos skill?It is a third party skill to use with Sonos, which apparently allows Alexa control of the local library.

@controlav is its developer. He has been admirably careful not to over-plug it on this forum, IMO.

I sense sacrarsm. 😆

What is "My Speaker" skill? Is it different to the Sonos skill?It is a third party skill to use with Sonos, which apparently allows Alexa control of the local library.

I sense sacrarsm. 😆

No. I think it is legitimate to mention it if it provides a possible solution to a specific query and that is all he has done.