Answered

Use Alexa as a Sonos speaker

• 11 December 2017
  • 6 replies

I already know how to control Sonos with Alexa. But I want the Alexa speaker to group together with the rest of Sonos speakers. Is it possible?
icon

Best answer by Kumar 11 December 2017, 07:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

No, it isn't possible. Even if your Alexa speaker was a Dot, and could be wire connected to a Sonos speaker that has a line in jack, it would not be in sync with them.
Thank you!
Sorry to double check on this, but is it possible to play music out of Sonos and Alexa at the same time? I’m thinking of getting two Sonos One devices and would be keen to have them in different rooms and then the Alexa in a third room, and to use all as speakers. Sorry if this is the questions above, but am new to Sonos!
Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
In a word no. If you want synchronised multi room audio get another Sonos speaker. Alexa will never be able to sync with a Sonos speaker.
Thanks very much!
Never say never, the technology is out there, it is only a matter of time, most people who own sonos speakers want to be able to group them together so why not group the alexa aswell, Sonos are already working with Amazon with the alexa giving voice control, either sonos need to give us the function to group alexa speakers to their system or amazon need to give us the functionality. The alexa dot is not really comparible in sound quality to a sonos speaker though, that said I would still make use of it if/when the function becomes available.