Unable to Use Amazon Music - Again!

• 27 December 2018
  • 30 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Dear Lord, I hope they buy your stuff back just so we can be rid of you (which I suspect is your plan, i.e. to be so annoying they capitulate just to get you to shut up!).
Not sure that person insults are helpful. As I have said many times, if it worked I would be more than happy. The fact is it doesn't. I've done nothing wrong here. I purchased the Sonos in good faith. I bought the Alexa integrated one first, and because it's Alexa integrated it's a fair assumption that it works with Amazon services, especially as it's advertised as such. If it didn't work, then I would have returned it. I suspect this would not have been good enough for you though, as you seem to be prepared to seek out something to annoy yourself with. If you don't agree with my view of wanting something to work consistently when I pay a lot of money for it, that's your prerogative, but it is such personal attacks that give forums such as this a poor reputation.

If you can't provide help or useful insight, jgatie, it would be more constructive to simply not post anything.

The fact remains that this is sold in Mexico as supporting Amazon Music. If it does not do this, its to be expected that people will, rightly, be annoyed. The help I have received from Sonos support has been comparable with that offered by Jeff S. Maybe I have higher standards, but I expect support staff to be knowledgeable and constructive, not to look for every opportunity to lay the blame elsewhere. My use of Sonos has been nothing "backdoor" with proxies or other mechanisms. I had hoped it would be a nice integrated system that worked consistently and seamlessly. It has been anything but.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The fact remains that this is sold in Mexico as supporting Amazon Music. If it does not do this, its to be expected that people will, rightly, be annoyed. The help I have received from Sonos support has been comparable with that offered by Jeff S. Maybe I have higher standards, but I expect support staff to be knowledgeable and constructive, not to look for every opportunity to lay the blame elsewhere. My use of Sonos has been nothing "backdoor" with proxies or other mechanisms. I had hoped it would be a nice integrated system that worked consistently and seamlessly. It has been anything but.

I can't change it so that Amazon Music is available to Sonos systems in Mexico. It currently is not available. I have sent in a feature request to add this feature. For now, you can reach out to our phone team if you'd like to ask for a refund. That will be the call of a manager whether or not to grant the exception.

I'm locking this thread for comments for now, as the issue has been answered.
timfoster, you have been instructed by a Sonos rep on how to go about negotiating your refund, if you have one coming. I suggest you do that, instead of carrying on in this forum. Good luck!
[...] The help I have received from Sonos support has been comparable with that offered by Jeff S. Maybe I have higher standards, but I expect support staff to be knowledgeable and constructive, not to look for every opportunity to lay the blame elsewhere. My use of Sonos has been nothing "backdoor" with proxies or other mechanisms. I had hoped it would be a nice integrated system that worked consistently and seamlessly. It has been anything but.
Speaking of insulting people...

AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED IS NOT AVAILABLE IN MEXICO! Not even through the native Amazon Music app (SEE ABOVE)!