Answered

“unable to play pandora service error” sonos echo

• 24 October 2017
  • 25 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
I tell Amazon Echo to play a station from my Pandora in a room and it will play only one song. When I open the app and hit the play button, nothing happens. When I hit the next button I get: “unable to play pandora service error” in a pop up window.

I have sent Sonos tech reps diagnostic number and they still can’t figure out the problem. I’ve rebooted my modem, my Wi-Fi, my speakers and deleted and reinstalled my apps, along with signing out and re-signing in to my Pandora music service. I still have the same problem.

Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 1 February 2018, 00:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

25 replies

Userlevel 2
Sonos One arrived today. Great excitement. Same problem as you. Great disappointment.
Really? 26 days ago, and no one from sonos has answered this??? I have same problem now. It's worked fine for a year. Just installed the new update and I get the same message! Thanks for your "QUICK" reply!
Same problem here- everything worked fine until the update about 2 weeks ago. I thought the update 1 week ago woudl fix it but it has not. None of my preset alarms will work anymore and i can't play a lot of stations. I get a pop up window that says Unable to Play " - Service Error.
having the same problem. thinking of ditching sonos and going elsewhere....
I too get this issue ALL THE TIME but its a recent thing, therefore I can only assume its an issue with a Sonos update that caused this BUT I don't have the Echo .. just some play ones.

When Sonos reports it cannot reach the Pandora service, I AM able to reach Pandora using the Pandora app on my phone or by using my windows laptop and the Pandora app, so I assume this is a Sonos issue NOT a Pandora issue.

Sonos, you are losing your reputation fast here .. this issue is a topic of conversation at work and people ARE buying Bose instead 😞
been dealing with this for a month now. ready to just send it all back to sonos, bagged nicely
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello everyone. Apologies for the delay in response here. We have had a few updates come out since the beginning of this thread which should be addressing most of the problems described here. If you are still having trouble working with voice controls, check out this helpful article written up by Edward R that outlines common fixes for problems with Alexa on Sonos.

If you go through the article and are still having trouble, I'd recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. They are able to create a remote session and take a look at alexa.amazon.com with you to ensure the setup is good to go.
I just have Sonos, no other hardware. 3 weeks ago, I started getting the "unable to play Pandora" error. Every other machine in my home can play Pandora, but not Sonos. It's not a big deal to me, I've just switched to other music apps, but it is truely STUPID that Sonos has this problem, and not only can't fix it, but can't seem to understand what their users are saying.
Exactly my problem.This started a few weeks ago. Insane!
Submitted my diagnostics: code= 8466083
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, djspielman. Thanks for posting! The last diagnostic report seemed to be corrupt and incomplete. Normally this points towards problems getting data along the network. It may be a good idea to give our support technicians a call to troubleshoot in real time. We can create a remote session to get a closer look at the network and how data is being routed along the network.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Why is this marked "Answered"? It has NOT been satisfactorily answered! Does ANYONE see a useful solution on this thread? Has SONOS decided that "gee, can't help you, talk to a service tech" counts as a solution?
I'm getting the same thing, since the last update. "service error." I do not have Echo or Alexa or any of those things, just a Bridge and some speaker units -- the same ones I've had for quite some time. Pandora plays fine when not through SONOS.
Unable to play service error, your twitter page is grossly out of date and no weekend support? Not good. What is the status of this issue, it is present and immediate?
I've had SONOS playbar/bass for 3-4+ years with same configuration (hardwired/static-ip outisde of dhcp range) and never....never had a problem until now... SONOS please elaborate and/or dont give us some lame "its a routing issue". You sound like comcast and I want to believe you are better than that...
I too am having this problem, and I don't have Alexa. Just regular 1's and 5 and sub. Also never had this problem before. I only listen to music with Pandora through Sonos...so this is a pretty big bummer.
I don’t have an Echo, but get a “service error” message when trying to play Pandora via the Sonos app on my iPhone. Started experiencing this issue more frequently after the last upgrade.
I have the same problem, The system is up to date and I cannot run Pandora from the Sonos App. :?
Same here. Just started in the last two days or so. Stops pandora after one song or in the middle of the first. When I try to play again, I get service error. Pandora plays fine on bluetooth. Sonos plays music off my computer fine. All connected to the same wifi 2.4 g network. No Echo or Alexa in the house, all apple products......Just did the update to all my machines and phones from Sonos, no help. Love Sonos, please get it going again.....
Submitted my diagnostics: code=8478826 for above
Same issue
Same error here. Just on Pandora. Just Sonos devices with a Boost. No Alexa devices.
I'm having the same problem. service error after a few songs on and off. Just started today. Don't think I updated any this week.
Same error----with Pandora on my Sono's devices. Seems like a common issue that should be resolved.
OK at my house, but client calls are coming in. NO RELATION TO ALEXA DEVS.
I just want to reiterate what others have said here...which is that although the original poster mentioned Alexa, the issue here appears to be unrelated the Alexa issues mentioned in the link provided in Keith's answer. The heart of the matter is that while playing Pandora through the Sonos app (I've also had issues with Amazon Music), the song will unexpectedly stop playing, or drop off after playing a song or two. And then we start getting 'unable to play service' errors.

I'm hopeful this gets resolved soon. We are new to Sonos and have LOVED our Play:1s...and then this started happening. It was a total bummer having these issues while having guests over last night.

Hello everyone. Apologies for the delay in response here. We have had a few updates come out since the beginning of this thread which should be addressing most of the problems described here. If you are still having trouble working with voice controls, check out this helpful article written up by Edward R that outlines common fixes for problems with Alexa on Sonos.

If you go through the article and are still having trouble, I'd recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. They are able to create a remote session and take a look at alexa.amazon.com with you to ensure the setup is good to go.