Two Sonos One’s and Alexa = sillyness

• 16 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge
So, I have two Sonos ONE’s as rear surround speakers. When I set a timer using Alexa apparently asking the other speaker how time there is left does not work as the alarms are tied to the individual One. Two ONE’s that are in a single room should be treated as a single Alexa endpoint. When will this be fixed.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I agree that it's a problem, and I never understood why Amazon decided to tie their timer feature to specific echo's or alexa devices. It's not just an issue with Sonos One. If I set a timer in the kitchen, I want to be able to go to the bedroom and ask how much time is left on the timer. I get that you might want the timer to go off on all the echo's in the house, but I can't ask how much time is left?
This is something Amazon does, not Sonos. I also find it a pain though and would rather all my Alexa devices set the timer so I can freely move about my house without fear of being in the wrong room when it goes off.
Badge
It’s not just timers, alarms and reminders are also device specific. It would be nice to tell my Alexa device to set an alarm in my son’s bedroom instead of having to go to his room and ask the Dot or Sonos One to set an alarm.