Answered

turn on and off tv

• 15 May 2020
  • 4 replies

My Sonos beam will turn off the TV but won't turn it back on again. It's a hisense smart TV. All other functions turn up sound or down etc are ok.

icon

Best answer by Jean C. 28 May 2020, 20:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Should add I'm using Alexa

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @Cubedanny,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your question. We apologize for the delay in responding to your post. I have a few quick questions for you if you are still having difficulty using Alexa with your TV. 

• Are there any other voice commands that don’t work with Alexa on your TV?
  • Have you checked your TV for firmware updates?
  • Have you tried rebooting your TV?     

If you have the CEC feature enabled on your TV and the Beam is connected via the HDMI/ARC (and it must be or it wouldn’t be able to turn your TV off etc.) it could be that Hisense doesn’t support this feature on its TVs.There is a lot of variation on what voice services can do as far as controlling your TV and it differs from brand to brand. 

Hi thanks for helping. I have managed to either get Alexa to turn on or town off TV but not both. Everything else seems to work fine. 

It could be my hisense TV just won't allow it. It's not the end of the world using the remote though. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @Cubedanny,

Thank you for the update on your situation. It does seem that this is a limitation in the CEC implementation on your Hisense TV. 

You may want to reach out to them to see if there are likely to be any changes in this feature or, as you say, just use the remote for now. 

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with other questions or concerns about your Sonos system.