Question

Trouble setting up Alexa on Sonos One

• 14 November 2017
  • 9 replies

I recently bought the Sonos One on a trip to the US. Am now setting it up back in the UK. Have synced it to my Sonos system and it now shows up on my iPhone app. The app now prompts me to 'Add Amazon Alexa'. When I click this it says 'Your Sonos system requires an update'. When I click 'Update Sonos' it says 'Unable to update Sonos app... A Sonos update has been released but is not yet available in your app store'. Can't get any further than that but am sure I have the latest app, and that Alexa should be enabled in the UK?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Since you're using an iPhone, there was a slight delay this morning in Apple getting the appropriate app loaded. It's been resolved, so you might want to try again, and see if you can get it going.
Wow, very poorly worded. My apologies, I was not trying to imply that the delay was because you were using an iPhone. It was more "as you are using an iPhone, you should be aware that....." Sorry about that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
The iOS app should be good to go now. You can check for updates and should be all set.

If you're still having trouble, please let us know what you're seeing.
I'm having the same trouble in New York City. I get the same error message as genie. I just updated my software on Sunday.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I'm having the same trouble in New York City. I get the same error message as genie. I just updated my software on Sunday.
There's a new update as of today. Sonos version 8.2 You can check update Settings > About Sonos to make sure that you're all up to date.
Same issue for me. What's the solution??

I don't see settings > About sonos either
I tried adding a new SonosOne to my system today and it was giving me the same message on the iOS app. I had the most recent app update already installed but no dice. Deleted the app and then reinstalled from the App Store and that immediately solved my problems. Just delete and reinstall. I didn’t lose any data/settings in the process.
And my wife’s phone had the same issue just now. Deleted her app and reinstalling solved the issue again.
Same issue for me. What's the solution??

I don't see settings > About sonos either

Use the down arrow at the top to bring up the Tab bar. Tap More for the settings menu.