Answered

Tried all solutions but still getting "Sorry, that device is offline" from Alexa on Sonos One

• 22 April 2019
  • 2 replies

As the title suggests. This is when trying to play music, and has been happening for about 10 days now.

Example: I say "Alexa play songs by Foo Fighters". She says "Playing songs by Foo Fighters from Spotify - sorry, that device is offline".

I've disabled the Sonos skill in the Alexa app, removed Alexa as a voice service in the Sonos app, been to https://alexa.amazon.com/ from a browser on my PC and told Alexa to forget all my devices, deregistered my devices from the Alexa app, and all the reverses of those procedures, all in various different combinations and orders as has been suggested by other forum post solutions, and nothing is working. The answer from Alexa is always the same.

If anyone can help I'd be very grateful!
icon

Best answer by Andrew Evans 24 April 2019, 17:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
There is a known issue at the moment with the Sonos One and Beam in Australia but the UK shouldn't be affected. Can you please power down the following devices and allow each to reboot before moving to the next:

- Router
- Any wired network switch
- Any wired Sonos device
- All other Sonos devices

Please retest.
There is a known issue at the moment with the Sonos One and Beam in Australia but the UK shouldn't be affected. Can you please power down the following devices and allow each to reboot before moving to the next:

- Router
- Any wired network switch
- Any wired Sonos device
- All other Sonos devices

Please retest.

**SOLUTION**

Thanks for your answer. Sadly that was the first thing I tried (the old "have you tried turning it off and on again" trick).

But I have solved the problem! Here's the solution to anyone who's struggling with the same issues.

It's fine removing the Sonos skill from Alexa and the Alexa voice service from Sonos, and deregistering your devices etc, BUT there's a hidden link that you must remove before this will be corrected. It's a bit buried within amazon.com (or in my case, amazon.co.uk), but here are mobile some screenshots to help you find it.