Answered

Transfer currently playing music from echo to Sonos ?

• 17 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge
  • Contributor II
  • 8 replies

Hi!

I frequently come home and a family member or nanny has started playing something wonderful on our echo, probably because it's easiest to say what to play and no one remembers to append, “in the <room name>" to have it play on our Sonos.

I would love to tell Alexa to transfer music or transfer “what's playing” to the <room name>, but that command doesn't seem to be understood. 

Is there a way to transfer what's playing via the Alexa app or a different voice command?

Also, is there a way to set a default playback device other than the echo on an echo?

Thanks!

Jared

icon

Best answer by Sebastien D. 17 February 2020, 21:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Jared,

You will find a list of general music-related commands you can use with Alexa on Sonos right here. I don’t think there is such command to transfer music using Alexa on Sonos.

With Alexa's Preferred Speaker feature, you can put multiple Sonos products together in one Alexa Group, like “downstairs” or “outside,” then play music to all of them with a single voice command.  You may also click here for more details on Alexa Group with Sonos speakers.

Badge

Thank you, Sebastien!

Putting the echo in the group with the Sonos speakers that are in the same room and setting the Sonos as the preferred speaker is _perfect_ !! 

That will allow the existing workflow of my family members to result in the best audio experience and the easy control using the Sonos app, without any retraining.

This is even better than a transfer command.  Thank you!

Badge

Oh no! I accidentally marked my reply as the best answer but Sebastien, your response is what I meant to mark as the answer.  If you can fix that up on the back end, please do as others will want to read your note and click those links.

Thank you again!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

No problem at all and enjoy your Sonos! :slight_smile:

Badge

We (both myself and my family members) _love_ our Sonos system, which we have in multiple rooms! 

Often, when we’re singing, my two year-old points at the Sonos One in our family play room and says, “that” which is her way of asking, “can we sing along with the original track on that great sounding speaker?” :).

We have outdoor speakers connected to a receiver via a Sonos Connect and have used our Sonos playlists which span multiple streaming services during parties or backyard playtime with the kids… Sonos is truly excellent and we love our Sonos!

Thanks again for helping us get the most of it with our Echo dot.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Anytime! please reach out to the community if you have any other questions or concerns.