Question

'There was a problem adding alexa'. please help

• 12 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I am about to go insane. I don't know what else to do. I had issues with alexa on my sonos one so i decided to remove it so i could re link it again, but now i can't do it.

After i click on sign in to alexa, signing in it waits for a bit then it tells me that there was a problem adding alexa.
I've done everything. restarted router. replugged speakers. made new sonos and amazon accounts. reset my controller. please help, I am getting super frustrated here

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you make sure that you have logged out of any apps relating to Amazon, then make sure that the Sonos skill is disabled in the Alexa App.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Can you make sure that you have logged out of any apps relating to Amazon, then make sure that the Sonos skill is disabled in the Alexa App.
Hey,
Thanks for helping. I tried that as well, logged out from everywhere, but my problem is not being solved.
I live in campus and i am on a shared network. Today i was talking to some of my friends and i realized that there's a bunch of domains that our network blocks by default, But i'm not sure if this is the problem, I have successfully pinged sonos.com, api.sonos.com, amazon.com, alexa.amazon.com. do you know of any domains that sonos or alexa uses so i can also test them out?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
If you are on a campus, then you'll probably need a travel router to create your private wi-fi network. These are not expensive and easy to set-up. i.e. https://smile.amazon.co.uk/GL-iNet-GL-MT300N-V2-Converter-Pre-installed-Performance/dp/B073TSK26W/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=travel+router&qid=1565674029&s=electronics&sr=1-3