"There was a problem adding Alexa"

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

53 replies

Same here. I am now able to connect my Beam to Alexa. 🙂
Same issue experienced today in Sydney after setting up a new router with 2 separate devices. Tried to change the region country settings without success.

1 - Deregistered current devices on PC or tablet. Then refresh browser
2 - Close SONOS and Alexa Apps completely on smart device
3 - Disabled Alexa skill then activate again
4 - Add through SONOS app. 1st device allowed sign in straight away. 2nd device went through one ‘try again’ screen and was then successful.

Worked for me
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Sadly I’m unable to get Alexa on a brand new Sonos one in Australia. I can’t add the skill through the iOS Alexa app, I can’t get signed in via the Sonos app, and I can’t see how others here changed their Amazon region to another country? That needs a valid address in that country. How’d you guys change your region?

latest app, latest version of iOS, the speaker is updated, but can’t get past the ‘problem’ screens.

please help - brand new smart speaker and it’s impossible to get Alexa installed or conducted. I’ve been at this for hours, read pages of forum posts.