The dB level at which Alexa is activated has worsened

• 7 January 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
I hate to make a topic just to complain, but I have noticed within the past week or so that I now have to substantially raise my voice to call Alexa on my Sonos Ones. I know you guys tweak it over time, but the times I have to say Alexa to get her to hear me has increased significantly. Wouldn't an ideal solution be give us a sliding scale or something like maybe what's in the Discord App or other similar programs where the microphone pickup can be modified, to give users more freedom?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Have you updated your Ones to 8.2.3? It made a dramatic improvement in wake word recognition.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Here I am again just a month later. Seems like after the most recent update a few days ago you guys made it worse again after fixing the issue? Can you not just leave it alone or give users the options to set it themselves. It's crazy how you can have a product working one day then broken seemingly out of your hands other than coming here and complaining.