Sync Sonos speakers and Alexa

• 5 October 2017
  • 6 replies

I have successfully hooked up Sonos and Alexa - I can control the speakers via Alexa. Awesome. Now, how can I sync them so the same song plays from Sonos and Alexa? Possible?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I have basically the same question. I have two Play1's, a Playbar, and an Echo. I would like the Echo to group with and play the same music as my Sonos speakers. Is this possible with the new update? I have not been able to find a way to do that yet. Thanks!!
while I was trying to set this up I was getting the same sound from both Sonos and Echo... but there was a (big) lag between the devices; the Echo played first, which sorta makes sense if the stream to Sonos is coming from Amazon.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I don't think this will ever be possible with a perfect sync, but I wouldn't want the Echo mixing its quality with the Sonos.
There is some pretty nifty processing going on to make Sonos speakers sync with each other. The Echo just doesn't have that capability. Will never and can never happen IMO
I hear you on the quality issue. Figured if the Echo was by itself in the kitchen or something, it would be nice to extend the speaker network without buying more speakers. Definitely won't work if there is a lag!
guys is it worth buying the new play 1 or just buying Echo and then sync?