Answered

Streaming a bluetooth device to Sonos speakers

• 19 July 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi,
I have an echo dot and a sonos setup in my living room, it all seems to be working fine in general (e.g. streaming music/radio by voice command). I also have a record player which can stream via bluetooth to a speaker - and I can connect this to the echo dot and play on its internal speaker. However, I would like to direct the output to the sonos setup. Is this possible? I tried various voice commands (e.g. 'play on living room', 'play bluetooth on living room' etc.) - but they aren't accepted. Is it possible to use an echo dot as a bridge in this way?
Thanks
icon

Best answer by marco79cgn 19 July 2018, 17:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +1
No, that's not possible. You need a Sonos device with a Line-IN (e.g. Connect or Play:5) and connect a bluetooth dongle/receiver to it (or simply use a cable).
That's annoying - it seems that it should be possible, after all it is simply another audio source on the echo. Thanks for the reply
Badge +1
The Sonos skill on the Echo is basically just a remote control for your Sonos speakers. It doesn't really forward the sound.
ah ok, that makes sense.