Question

Spotify via Alexa stops in one room when trying to play in another room

• 9 October 2019
  • 2 replies

OK. Help / ideas needed please. Room 1 has a Play:1 and an Echo Dot. Room 2 has a Play One (with Alexa built in). Music comes from a Spotify Family premium account.
When playing music from Spotify in one room no problem, but starting when asking to play something in the other room, the first room stops.
All Sonos are on the same network / account, however in an attempt to fix this I have already reset the Play One and registered with a separate Amazon account which is linked to a separate Spotify user. Any ideas on how to solve this. Do I need to somehow put the Sonos in Room 2 on a separate Sonos user as well. Surely there must be a solution to this as I can't believe it's a unique problem. Any help gratefully received.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I think it’s one music stream per Spotify account when started with voice services. I think you will need to ask Alexa to switch Amazon Alexa Profile (and in-turn use another family members Spotify account) in the other room, prior to requesting the second Spotify stream, or you could use a different provider for the second stream, or start the music manually with the Sonos App.

At at least that’s my understanding of what is perhaps happening here.
I believe this is how it may work...

I think once you set up family sharing in the Amazon online service and the Alexa App, you simply say (just as an example) ...”Alexa Switch to Ted's Profile” and Alexa will reply “Now in Ted's Account” and then you can go on from there to use Ted's Spotify service.