Spotify no longer working on Sonos One

• 6 August 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Sonos One in the bathroom, my wife likes to talk to it and tell it to play her favorite Ed Sheeran songs while she's getting ready for work. The past few days, she asks Alexa to play Ed Sheeran on Spotify and gets no response, only silence. This was working fine until the past few days. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, brik74. Thanks for the post! Has she checked the dialog history of Alexa? This should tell us if Alexa even registered the command, and give us a better idea of where the failure is occurring.

Another question, does Spotify work on Sonos outside of Alexa? This will allows us to check from the other "Sonos" side of the equation.

Thanks!
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thanks for the response. Alexa is registering the command, according to the app. And no, it doesn't appear that Spotify is working on other Alexa devices.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Understood. If Spotify is not working on other Alexa devices, you may want to re-link the music service on alexa.amazon.com

Were you able to check if Spotify works on Sonos without using Alexa?
Userlevel 1
Badge
Spotify does work on Sonos without using Alexa. I will try to relink.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Unlinked my Spotify account, relinked it. Now the music works on other Alexa devices but not the Sonos One.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Sounds like there is an account mismatch between Sonos and Amazon. When you go to the Room Settings of the Sonos One, at the top you'll find Voice Services and an email address. Does this account there match the same one on Sonos? Do you, by chance, have multiple accounts for Amazon?

When you set up Alexa on the Sonos One, it may be using an account signed into any other Amazon app (Audible, Amazon shopping, etc). As such, I've seen users with multiple Amazon accounts end up in a similar position as you.
Userlevel 1
Badge
When I go to the room settings, the account there matches my Amazon account. I do have multiple accounts but this doesn't seem to be the problem.