Answered

Spotify Device offline

• 10 January 2021
  • 3 replies

I apologise but this is a bit if a rant. For months and months we have been getting a persistent error with Alexa saying Spotify device off line when ever you try and use a voice command. You can manually play it to the Sonos 1 via Spotify but the voice command simply does not work. I should say this used to work correctly with issue what so ever. We have tried everything from every forum. 

Complete reset up

Naming conventions

Voice actions 

ensuring Spotify is online in the app 

You name it we have tried it, to me Alexa has con backwards . you wont get any help or support from Amazon and to me the product is now not fit for purpose. The rest of my extensive sonos speakers work perfectly.

Please please please get this fixed 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 10 January 2021, 12:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I haven’t experienced the issues mentioned and currently have not seen that problem with Spotify, or Alexa, but perhaps try these few steps to ‘hopefully’ fix your issue...

1. Remove the Sonos ‘skill’ in the Amazon Alexa App skills section.
  2. Remove the Alexa Assistant from your speaker(s) in the Sonos App under "Settings/Services & Voice/Amazon Alexa"
  3. Important step - log into your Amazon account online and ‘deregister’ all your Sonos devices under the “Manage Content & Devices” section of your account (devices tab). The link to devices is something similar to the URL shown below, but you ‘may’ need to adjust the link to point to your own country/account: https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/mycd/digital-console/alldevices
  4. Unlink and re-link Spotify to the Amazon account in the ‘Settings/Music’ area of the Amazon Alexa App and ensure it is set as the Alexa default music service.

Then go back to the Sonos App and start by adding your Alexa voice assistant to your speaker and follow the on-screen instructions and all being well, Alexa should then (hopefully) work fine.

Thats for the reply I have done all of those. You one of the few lucky ones thinned you haven't had the issues 

I’ve just tried it with several requests to Alexa in the kitchen and Spotify is working okay here, perhaps it’s a country or regional issue - but definitely working here.