Question

Spotify control via Alexa enabled Fire TV remote?

• 23 November 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi

I'm hoping the big man will bring me a couple of Echo Dots' for Christmas so that I can start to control my system via voice, until then though I've got an Amazon Fire TV box and an Amazon Fire Stick both with Alexa enabled remotes, can I control my Spotify on Sonos via theses remotes? If so any help on setting up would be appreciated.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Gdidy. There is currently no way to do this, though we'd be happy to forward this as feedback for you. Please let us know if you have any further suggestions or ideas. Many thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Gdidy. There is currently no way to do this, though we'd be happy to forward this as feedback for you. Please let us know if you have any further suggestions or ideas. Many thanks.

Hi Edward I can control my Sonos system via the Voice Control function on the Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, as long as I included the Room Name in the command syntax. e.g. 'Play Soft Jazz on Kitchen Sonos' works for me (Note it doesn't yet work the other way around unless you are in the US)

The only possible issue that I can think of is that you may need an Alexa (not Alexa Enabled) device to be able to add the skill in the Alexa App.

@Gdidy I suggest you try and load the Sonos skill in the Alexa App and then try it. If the App insists on an Alexa Device being linked to the account then you'll need to wait for the 25th! :)

You will also need to add Spotify as the default music source within the Alexa App...