Answered

Spotify and Alexa

• 27 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Has anyone else been able to resolve the issue with Alexa acknowledging a song request and saying “playing” on Spotify, but then just not playing.

Also recent issues with Spotify just not working or dropping out (direct instructions from App, not Alexa).  

Attempts to resolve by disabling and enabling Alexa and Spotify not sorted issues.

Any thoughts appreciated!

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 27 October 2020, 10:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’ve noticed for some time that the first request of the day often does this.  Alexa will acknowledge the request but nothing is added to the queue but the same request asked the second time works.  After this has happened Alexa then responds on the future request first time.

Our system this repeatedly happens throughout the day… I can’t explain it or resolve it!

This has just started happening to my system. Have you had any luck resolving?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This has just started happening to my system. Have you had any luck resolving?

I tried many things and whilst I can't be 100% sure this, I think is what eventually fixed it:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/tips-tricks-resolving-random-issues-impacting-sonos-devices-6845346

Many thanks

I’ve fixed it. Reset all speakers and used a new Amazon and Alexa account. Working perfect now cheers