Answered

Spotify Alexa Voice Command Unresponsive - Sonos One Gen 2

• 3 August 2023
  • 5 replies

I ask Alexa to “Play The Rolling Stones”. Alexa responds with “This Is The Rolling Stones from Spotify”. Nothing happens. I have tried uninstalling Alexa and Installing Google Assistant. Same result. Have reset the One back to factory settings. Have installed and uninstalled the Sonos app. No joy. Nothing on the Sonos status page to indicate any outages or problems. Not a good introduction to Sonos for my first product bought yesterday. Any solutions or suggestions welcomed. Thanks

I ask my (old) Pure Discovr the same thing via Alexa and “This Is The Rolling Stones” Spotify playlist starts playing.

icon

Best answer by Abcxyz 3 August 2023, 17:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you added Spotify as a music service in the Sonos app? Have you enabled the Sonos and Spotify skills in the Alexa app?

Hi. Thanks for response. Spotify added as a music service, which I can play from the Sonos app. Sonos and Alexa skills added in Alexa app. Still no joy.

Hi. Finally managed to solve the issue. Total pfaff and 24 hours I won’t get back. However, all now working and sound is good. Thanks for your reply GuitarSuperstar.

Userlevel 7

Hi. Finally managed to solve the issue. Total pfaff and 24 hours I won’t get back. However, all now working and sound is good. Thanks for your reply GuitarSuperstar.

What was the solution?

Hi. I had asked Alexa to “Play The Rolling Stones”. Alexa responded with “This Is The Rolling Stones from Spotify”. Then nothing happened. Eventually found an article on Sonos support site. When setting up my Sonos on the Sonos app I had allocated it to “Kitchen”. After reading the article, I then asked it to “Play The Rolling Stones In The Kitchen”. It then played “This is The Rolling Stones from Spotify”. Success. After more searching on Alexa app I found out that I could disable the requirement to say “In The Kitchen”. Would have been helpful if Sonos app gave option not to allocate the device to a specific room on set up and/or to disable request for requirement to say play in a specific room.

Sound on Sonos is very good. But maybe one time out of ten I have to repeat an Alexa request to it. My old Pure Discovr had a better hit rate.

Thanks for your help with this.