Question

Spotify + Alexa on Sonos One - No Output!

• 22 November 2017
  • 9 replies

I have been playing Spotify through my Sonos One using the Spotify Connect feature but now that Alexa + Spotify has been added I was excited about starting/controlling music directly from the One. Unfortunately, if I ask the One to "Play X on Spotify" it will say "Playing X from Spotify on Office (the name of my One) but then it takes no action and does not play any music. Additionally, if I start playing music from Spotify Connect I cannot control it with my voice/alexa. Eg. - Music is playing via Spotify connect and I ask the One "Next" it acts as if no music is playing and asks me "What do you want to play".

Please help!

Cheers,
Andy

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Mine just says "Sorry something went wrong "
@Gilio mine is doing the same thing
Same here.
Same... can someone from Sonos chime in here? Is this going to be fixed? Going to return it for just a speaker and an echo if it can't do the one thing it's supposed to do. You buy sonos to play great sounding music. You buy Alexa to control certain things with voice commands. If this thing doesn't let you control your great sounding music with voice commands... what exactly is the point of the integration?
OK 3 days later when I ask to play Spotify it now tells me that its playing but of course nothings playing. Loving this Best Buy 60 day return window, because they have until Jan 1 to fix or its going back
I guess I'm going to have to call in or chat - they have been overwhelmed with BF buyers trying to set everything up. This is supposed to be an easy, plug n' play solution but it is taking a lot more effort than I expected just to get basic functionality working.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have been playing Spotify through my Sonos One using the Spotify Connect feature but now that Alexa + Spotify has been added I was excited about starting/controlling music directly from the One. Unfortunately, if I ask the One to "Play X on Spotify" it will say "Playing X from Spotify on Office (the name of my One) but then it takes no action and does not play any music. Additionally, if I start playing music from Spotify Connect I cannot control it with my voice/alexa. Eg. - Music is playing via Spotify connect and I ask the One "Next" it acts as if no music is playing and asks me "What do you want to play".

Please help!

Cheers,
Andy

Hi all

Okay can we check a couple of things:

1/ I assume that you have added a Premium Spotify account to your Alexa account in Music, Video & books, as you were using the Spotify Connect app?
2/ Access the Alexa app>Settings>Accounts>Music Services and selected 'Choose default music service', followed by selecting Spotify;
3/ Also within the Alexa app, select Smart Home>Devices and scroll to the bottom of the list and select 'Discover'

You shouldn't need to specify Spotify in the command now, here is a list of the commands to control Spotify:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4343?_ga=2.102258689.1095743978.1506552577-1491669311.1488879254&_gac=1.12822085.1511606155.CjwKCAiAxuTQBRBmEiwAAkFF1oALnz96PmYXSnBA2S5Va6kZH-GMxirNsBm3OEv4x_UDJRYzPiX8OxoCxj8QAvD_BwE

Note that to play a playlist you need to use the syntax 'Alexa, Play x Playlist'
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
OK 3 days later when I ask to play Spotify it now tells me that its playing but of course nothings playing. Loving this Best Buy 60 day return window, because they have until Jan 1 to fix or its going back

You may need to reset your voice settings:

First access the Alexa app>Skilss and remove the Sonos skill and then Enable again, if this doesn't fix it then please follow the steps I've listed in the answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Great suggestions from UKMedia. If you're still having trouble, it's good to make sure you have the same Spotify account credentials in both Sonos and Alexa.