Answered

Speaker group and Alexa

• 21 December 2018
  • 1 reply

I have several sonos speakers throughout my house. Before the update I was able to group my speakers in my Sonos app (example: TV room) and tell Alexa to play music in TV and it would play on all the speakers that are grouped with TV room. Now when I say play music on TV room it only plays on the one speaker. How do I get Alexa to play on multiple speakers with one command?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 21 December 2018, 22:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Grouping has changed to include Alexa groups. You can now group using Alexa defined groups like "Downstairs" or "Great Room". You can also assign an Alexa device to a group/room so that you do not need a room designation to make it play, and only that group/room will duck. This is far more powerful than before, but it takes a little setup. See this link for more discussion:

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/sonos-now-playing-with-alexa-groups-6817588