Answered

Sorry, that device is offline.

• 14 March 2019
  • 1 reply

I have two Sonos One's grouped as a stereo pair. For some reason, recently whenever I ask Alex to play music from Pandora or Amazon Music, both of which are enabled in the Sonos app and in Alexa app, I receive the error message, Sorry, that device is offline.

This is infuriating. I've Googled and found several threads on the Sonos forums and they all say to disable the Alexa skill and re-enable it. Turns out, I've done this and it isn't working.

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-sorry-that-device-is-offline-6809854

Interestingly enough, if I break up the stereo pair, Alexa works find to retrieve music from Amazon music, Pandora, etc.

I've even gone so far as to factory reset each Sonos device to no avail. Any suggestions, would be delightful.
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 14 March 2019, 10:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This is normally because the device can't connect to the Amazon cloud service. Can you please try these steps:

This may be down to duplicate IP Addresses. Can you please power down the following devices for 5 secs, allowing each to complete its boot cycle before proceeding to the next device:

- Router
- Any Network wired switch
- Any wired Sonos devices
- All other Sonos devices
- All other attached network devices

If this fixes the problem, I suggest you open the Settings page on your Router and reserve IP addresses for your Sonos devices - I personally use the range 192.168.0.240 and above for my Sonos devices.