'Sorry That Device is Offline'

• 25 January 2019
  • 5 replies

I have a Beam, (Alexa), Sub and 2 plays in the lounge and a One in the kitchen the Alexa is stating my devices are Offline. It did all work OK until under warranty I replaced kitchen speaker. Kitchen works fine to commands, Beam now doesn't find Music Devices, Deezer, Tunein etc. If I physically link the two its ok. Works OK on TV. I've checked obvious settings. Any advice appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Les. Welcome to the community. Are you using a WiFi extender or multiple routers? As a test, can you try unplugging this/them, then rebooting the offending speaker? If that doesn't work or if this is not the case, not to worry, we can still get to the bottom of this for you. Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause. Many thanks in advance.
Diagnosis- 5954538
Edward I have previously tried above. I now have an additional Sonos one, all works fine except my Sonos Beam communication with Alexa. It basically doesn’t allow me to connect to music devices Tunein Deezer etc. But if I manually link the beam to the Sonos ones then the Alexa commands work. Very odd. Spent many hours browsing to remedy. It has worked so a glitch somewhere. Thanks for any help.
Les,

Based on the title of the thread ... did you check your device list in the Amazon Alexa App and remove your offline device(s) that are showing in the list and then rescan to discover all your devices?

You can even remove the Beam device and it should re-find it when you ask Alexa to rescan for devices.

Also check the Sonos App 'Room Settings' for the Beam to ensure the correct Amazon Alexa Account is showing there too as being linked with the room.
I’ve sorted it thanks. De registered the Beam and reset on Alexa. Struggled a bit with her talking American and clearly not registred although recognising device. Once I re registred it worked perfectly. Just need to sort commands and linking verbally now. Assistance appreciated
Les,

You may find this link helpful. It explains how to use Alexa with your Sonos devices ...

Controlling your Sonos with Amazon Alexa