Answered

'Sorry, Something Went Wrong' with Spotify

• 1 December 2017
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi,

I've seen various threads on this but not yet found a solution. I have added Spotify to my Alexa skills, I have set it as the default music service and I have made sure all my email addresses are matching on each account but still when I ask my Play One w Alexa to play something it simply says 'sorry, something went wrong?' If I ask it to play something on TuneIn radio that works fine and I do have Spotify Premium.

Is there anything else I should be trying?

Many thanks,

Alex
icon

Best answer by DrewSmith 30 January 2018, 16:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Badge
I wonder if this ties into the note I made about it creating two profiles for one piece of hardware and splitting what it can and cannot do across them: https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/new-user-alexa-and-sonos-things-i-have-noticed-so-far-6795399 - pop into the Alexa app to check this

I may be wrong
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hasn't done that for me. Also, I see you are trying to get audible - I'm not sure if that is available right now for Sonos?
Same problem. Bought the sonos one specifically for spotify use. Any help?
My Sonos One was set up and working without issue with Spotify and it just stopped working out of the blue a few weeks ago. Got the same sorry something went wrong response from Alexa. I disabled the Sonos skill in the Alexa app and re-enabled it and it actually fixed it. Makes no sense but figured I would share in case you didn’t give it a try already.
My Sonos One was set up and working without issue with Spotify and it just stopped working out of the blue a few weeks ago. Got the same sorry something went wrong response from Alexa. I disabled the Sonos skill in the Alexa app and re-enabled it and it actually fixed it. Makes no sense but figured I would share in case you didn’t give it a try already.

Thanks, that worked for me. Hoping we don't have to disable then reenable the skill with every Sonos software update...
Hello
Was this the Sonos Connect Skill? I am trying to get this working and it is not. However I did not even have a Sonos Skill in the Alexa App. I just had it set as my default music service. I tried downloading the Sonos Connect skill and enabling it. Still does not work.
Trying to get this working all December, today I removed the Amazon Alexa app from my phone (only device connected to my Sonos) and then success, Spotify playing through Alexa working perfectly. Have reinstalled the Alexa app and it’s still working. Hopefully helpful ?
This was working for me, but as of two weeks ago, I have the same problem. I spent about 30 minutes with support, and no resolution.

I have Spotify Premium with Amazon music as my default service. Sonos one is a skill that's enabled. One of my Sonos groups is named "Downstairs".

Here's what does and doesn't work:
"Alexa - play song on Spotify" - YES (plays Spotify on Echo device)
"Alexa - play song Downstairs" - YES (plays Amazon music on Sonos)
"Alexa - play song on Spotify Downstairs" - NO ("Sorry, something went wrong")

If I set Spotify as the default music service:
"Alexa - play song" - YES (plays Spotify on Echo device)
"Alexa - play song Downstairs" - NO ("Sorry, something went wrong")

However, if I play a song from the Spotify app to Downstairs, that works fine.

Sonos controllers have latest updates applied. I've tried disabling/enabling Sonos skill. I've unlinked/linked Spotify.
I just resolved my issue:
1) Make sure latest Sonos update is applied (I had already done this)
2) In Alexa app, go to "Music, Video, Books", click "Sonos", click "disable skill".
3) In Alexa app, go to "Smart Home -> Devices". Click "Forget" for each Sonos device.
4) Repeat #2 except click "enable skill".
5) If prompted to Discover devices, then do so to add the Sonos controller(s). If not prompted, click "Discover" under "Smart Home -> Devices".

This actually worked for me as well! I was initially not even able to set spotify as default music service in the alexa app, disconnected that as well, switched my accounts around so that the alexa app + sonos app is using same email addresses and that seemed to have done the trick (does not make sense but is something I have been reading in other threads)
After I was finally able to select spotify, I was getting this 'Something went wrong' error. Disconnect and reconnect the skill did the trick, many many thanks!