"sorry, something went wrong" from Alexa when trying to play radio from TuneIn

• 2 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I have a brand new Sonos One. Alexa works fine with Spotify, but when I want to play radio from TuneIn all Alexa says are:  sorry, something went wrong.

This works fine on my Amazon Echo device.

I can Also play from TuneIn via the Alexa app on my phone on the Sonos One.

What can be wrong?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Same for me: Sones One / Alexa does not work for TuneIn since today.TuneIn works on the Amazon devices; other streaming services work on Sonos.

I’m having the same problem. Started around the same time. 

I was able to listen to Radio 2 yesterday on my Move via Alexa but getting the same message today. I can get other radio stations. Works on Echo and dot.

I was able to use the Simple Radio skill with Alexa but the Tunein skill is the one causing problems. The skill name seems to be Tunein Live which is a premium service. Perhaps the core free Tunein skill isn’t supported anymore? Curious is anybody has any ideas. 

Miraculously it works again now - either Sonos or TuneIn had a hand in this...

Just tried it again and it now works again for me as well. Didn't do anything on my side so agree that Sonos or TuneIn must have fixed something behind the scenes. Glad the outage was only a day or so and not longer. And at least I now know an alternate way to listen to radio using Simple Radio. :-)

Neither Sonos nor TuneIn, it’s Amazon experiencing an outage. Remedial maintenance will take up to 5 days.