Sonus One in Germany

• 19 September 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi,I live in Germany and was about to order 2 x Sonus One until I read that "Voice control for Sonos is not supported in your country, yet"
Looking at the threads I am left confused.
So my questions are
(1) can I use my Amazon Germany account and still speak English to Alexa?
(2) what functionality is missing from typical Amazon dot product
(3) when will google assistant be supported and will that allow me full music control plus other google services?
Thanks in advance for your help,
Barry

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Not sure where you read that. See this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3439?language=en_US

Where is Amazon Alexa on Sonos available?

Amazon Alexa is currently available in the United States, Australia, Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom.
I have copied and pasted it directly from the product description from Sonos Germany (page translated by Google).

I have read various threads here abd saw that Germany was supported, hence my confusion.
I would take the American English site as definitive. Alexa control of Sonos is supported in Germany.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Barry. I think you're referring to Voice Calls, these are not currently supported. Other functions are. We haven't yet got a release date for Google Assistant but will have in due course. Your Amazon account being on the German site does not impact what language you would have to speak to your speaker in. There are a number of skills that are not currently supported, though I do not have a definitive list. Rather, if you tell us what kind of skills you would like to use, we could tell you if these are available. If you have any further questions, please let us know.
Thanks.
Have ordered today so will find out first hand. 🙂