Sonos zones ducking Alexa ....

• 8 April 2018
  • 2 replies

Please please are we any closer to a resolution to this...I can't even remove a room from Alexa app as it's immediately automatically rediscovered ???

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Goodgroove,

I understand Sonos have said they are working on the 'ducking' matter to hopefully improve things. Meanwhile in the Alexa App smarthome devices try going into the Sonos Room (Speakers) in the Device tab by clicking the room-name itself and it will take you to its settings, where there is an option to disable/enable the device. Perhaps see if disabling the device will stop the room from 'ducking'. It will of course no longer allow you to voice-control the disabled room.

Not sure if it will work but it maybe worth a try... I would just also ask Alexa to 'rescan for devices' to ensure the disabled device is reflected in your Amazon account.

Let me know if that works or not? It seems a much better method to disable the device, rather than removing it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You ever know with Alexa as Amazon has to be involved as well but I would expect prior to June. It always sounded like they planned to be able to but amazon didn’t have the facilities yet to make that link. So I have always expected to come with a spring release of Alexa updates to sonos.