Question

Sonos with Echo Dots

• 29 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Have just bought a Sonos 1. And another on the way...I also have two echo dots...New to this so would like a step by step if possible on how to creat a network with 2 Sonos 1 and 2 Echo dots all on Alexa voice command but able to play different music in different rooms and/or all the same music for parties and such...Sonos 1 is =hooked up and controlled by Alexa as well s Echo Dot #1...Echo dot #2 and Sonos #2 are still packaging waiting for details on how to hook its all together...Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

At this time it is not possible to group Sonos and Echo devices to play the same music in sync.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
As jgatie states it isn't possible to group Sonos and non Sonos products together at present. You can group your Echo Dots together for multi room music, in the Alexa app>Settings>Audio Groups>Multi-Room Music and you can use the Sonos app to group your Sonos One's together but it's not possible to synchronise these two different platforms at present.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I would also recommend you read the Sonos set up guides - https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/support
This will ensure you get the best out of SOnos and Alexa. If you have any problems after this come back here for help too 😃
This is ridiculous. What’s the point of having Alexa on Sonos if it won’t also connect to Echo speakers? I love the sound quality of the Sonos, but I’d be better off just having more Echo speakers that all connected so that everything syncs and will play in multiple rooms. Very disappointing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You can play and group within Sonos, that's part of the beauty of the system, what is so ridiculous? Trying to sync perfectly two separate technologies, Amazon and Sonos, is a complete mare and I can't see it ever working as you intend. If you think even the best Echo sounds anywhere near the least expensive Sonos then maybe that is an option for you.