Question

Sonos voice services on Sonos One...trouble setting up

• 20 November 2017
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Just setup my Sonos 1, in its own room separate from my Play 5 and sub. Plays music fine. No Problem.

Sonos skill in Alexa already setup, Alexa sees Sonos One. I can control S One through Echo Dot. As well as my other speakers.

When I attempt to setup Voice Services on Sonos One all I get is a loop. I touch Voice Services in the Sonos app on my iPad, the "Control Sonos with your voice" box pops up, hit the "Learn More" bar, goes to "Help and Tips" page, "Control Sonos with Amazon Alexa", touch link "Go to "Set up voice control on your Sonos One" to learn more.", tap that link, goes to a page in "Help and Tips", tells me to set up sonos 1 and to go to More (arrow) Voice Services and follow the prompts. Tap the Set it up now bar and....it just starts the same process over again.

I guess I'll try and uninstall/reinstall the Alexa skill, see what happens.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
No mic light because...I’M AN IDIOT!!!

It seems I THOUGHT I was ordering a Sonos ONE when, in fact, I ordered a Sonos PLAY 1. DOH! In my idiotic defense, the names are kinda similar.

I don’t really feel too bad, except for wasting the time of those who tried to help me, love the sound from this little speaker and will probably buy a few more. I’ll put off the ONE until it gains more functionality.

Thanks UK Media in particular!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
No mic light because...I’M AN IDIOT!!!

It seems I THOUGHT I was ordering a Sonos ONE when, in fact, I ordered a Sonos PLAY 1. DOH! In my idiotic defense, the names are kinda similar.

I don’t really feel too bad, except for wasting the time of those who tried to help me, love the sound from this little speaker and will probably buy a few more. I’ll put off the ONE until it gains more functionality.

Thanks UK Media in particular!

lol - I've heard worse 🙂 Glad we got to the end of it though...