Sonos stopped working in ALEXA and now can't connect

• 2 October 2018
  • 2 replies

I'm having a hard time reconnecting my sonos to echo. Every time i enable the sonos app it gives me this message -

Add your Sonos speakers to your account
You need to link speakers to XXXXXX@yahoo.com before you can add this skill.

Go to More > Settings > Sonos Account in the Sonos app to link your speakers. (If you don't see Sonos Account, your Sonos system needs an update.)

My sonos is already linked/added to this account. The app is up to date. Tried uninstalling both apps logged back on. Profile updated since I saw the address is missing it's still giving me that message every time I enable to the app.

HELP!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

OMG! I figured it out. Since I set the old one up as living room and my sonos speaker's group name is living room too, so for some reason that living room is still in alexa's memory hence the conflict, so I just renamed my SONOS speaker to something else and BOOOM connected. I'm laughing right now coz it was a simple fix but Alexa should wipe it out once it was disconnected but whatever it's working now. Renaming sonos speakers was my fix.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

You can also open the Alexa App>Smart Home>Devices and select 'Forget' against the old device.