Answered

Sonos skill stop working in Alexa due to geographical restrictions

• 9 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi there

Nearly on May 4, my Sonos One stop of working with Alexa, with hard problems to be recognized by IOS app. Following a suggestion here, I did de-activated the Sonos skill in Alexa, and then it didn’t appeared and when trying again, it says that there is a geographic restriction. I have my Sonos one since 2018 working in Chile with Alexa.
There is a bug on the app/system? Or there are legal issues relative to these georestrictions? There is a data when it could be solved?

best

icon

Best answer by Xander P 10 May 2021, 11:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @MarceF, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community!

Unfortunately Chile is not currently supported for Alexa on Sonos - you can find here a list of countries with Alexa availability on Sonos.

I’m not sure how you managed to add Alexa to the system in the first place, as it can only be added to Sonos systems registered to the appropriate region, however I’ll be happy to pass on your interest in bringing Alexa to Chile to our development team :)