Question

Sonos Skill not found in Alexa app, Easter Canada

• 27 December 2017
  • 11 replies

What is going on that Sonos connect is not possible with Alexa in Canada ? I’m reading posts that indicate only available in the USA and certain other regions.

What are my options to connect Alex and Sonos?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

It has been stated that Sonos is bringing the Sonos skill to Canada and other newly arrived Alexa locations in the near future. Until then, there is nothing to be done, unless you feel like getting around the geolocating issues and finding a 3rd party provider of the skill.
Thanks for providing me with this update. I will monitor the Amozon skill for your App.
Hello,

I signed up to the community just so I could respond to this. Change your Sonos profile to USA and it will work (I changed my actual profile and also changed Country in the Sonos App) I just did this and it allowed me to add Alexa voice service. Even with my profile as USA it still knew I was in Guelph when I asked what the weather was outside.

Hope this helps

Bryan
Hi Bryan, thank you for this information. I will try this tomorrow.
Mark1971, did you have any luck with this?

mackker - could you explain a bit further? Which Sonos profile did you change? What are you running the Sonos app on? Did you not have to somehow get the Alexa app to think you were in the US, too?
I just installed the Sonos skill and it works fine. I'm in Canada.
Hello jscott. How are you able to circumvent the amazon.ca default in the Amazon Alexa IOS app? Sonos is still not showing even when I reconfigured the amazon app, and Sonos account to an alternative US address?
As fas as I know, I've done nothing with location in either Alexa or Sonos. I couldn't find the Sonos skill through the Alexa app on my iPhone, but I did find it through the Alexa app on my Amazon Fire 8. I then went through the setup process of adding the Sonos "device".
I have to wonder if it had to do with using the Alexa app on the Amazon Fire, which is far more robust than the iPhone app.
My Alexa connected with my sonos and I'm in canada. My brother, also in canada, couldn't find the sonos skill on his Alexa phone app. Only difference between us is I used android and he has an Apple. Does that make sense?
Hello,

I signed up to the community just so I could respond to this. Change your Sonos profile to USA and it will work (I changed my actual profile and also changed Country in the Sonos App) I just did this and it allowed me to add Alexa voice service. Even with my profile as USA it still knew I was in Guelph when I asked what the weather was outside.

Hope this helps

Bryan
Hi I changed my Sonos to the US and Alexa now works for me however I cannot find the Sonos skill on my iPhone Alexa app? Any ideas ?