Answered

Sonos skill not available due to geographical restriction

• 6 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello! I have three Sonos One speakers which used to work just fine with Alexa, until they didn’t. After some online research I tried to add the Sonos skill but I keep on getting this error message about a geographical restriction which doesn’t make any sense because I’m in the United States where there is no restriction. I’ve already checked my Amazon and Sonos profile and the address on both is correct. 

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 6 December 2021, 11:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Do you use another Amazon account from a non US country?  

Please see the actions below:

Account Linking - Some form of Account Linking or Authorisation has not completed successfully. There are a number of causes for this and it's best to try these steps one at a time and test before moving on to the next step if the problem persists:
2.1/ Open the Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills>Sonos and 'Disable' followed by 'Enable';
2.2/ If you have multiple Amazon accounts logged into different Apps on your device, this can confuse the Amazon Authorisation. Please ensure that you log out of all Amazon related Apps and accounts and then complete step 2.1 again;
2.3/ If the problem still persists, please logout of all Amazon accounts then select the Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills>Sonos and 'Disable. Now power down all Sonos devices for at least 10 secs, allowing for any wired devices to boot before booting the remaining Sonos players. Now log back into the Alexa App>Skills>Sonos and 'Enable'

Please Retest