Answered

Sonos skill not available due to geo restriction

• 27 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have sound system Symfonisk from Ikea and i cant link ot to Alexa. In the Alexa app Sonos does not appear at all in the list of available skills. 
I have spent hour with customer service from both Amazon and Sonos but nothing seems to be working.

They even sent me a link directly to the skill but when I open it, it says that “skill not available due to geographical restrictions” (I am based in Belgium)

Can someone please help me!? There must be a way to fix it and frankly I don’t know why it would not be possible in Belgium.

I’ll add that already tried changing location to US on the device, Alexa and Amazong account.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 27 November 2023, 16:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Max.belgium, welcome to the Sonos Community

We have a support article for Amazon Alexa availability on Sonos. I’ve had a look and only the international version is available in Belgium, which has more limitations than the regular Alexa.

If you’ve already tried changing your regions on your Sonos and Amazon accounts, then there aren’t any other steps can think of to get this working for you. Our community may have further suggestions for you, however I believe that Amazon would be better to reach out to rather than us as you’re trying to add the skill to the Alexa app.

I hope this helps!

Well, it did not work. 
Funny, cause Amazon is sending me to you, you are sending me to Amazon and bottom line - I have no solution to my problem. 
I totally want to be able to control my Sonos devices with Alexa so it is a significant issue for me.