Sonos Skill for Alexa and volume levels on Sonos

• 2 July 2018
  • 2 replies

Alexa has huge volume level granularity issues when controlling Sonos Playbar. So, I've searched everywhere for an answer to my volume issue. I have a Sonos Playbar, two Sonos Play 1 surrounds, and a Sonos Sub. When watching TV I set the volume to a good level and life is good. The Playbar is connected to the TV via optical. When I turn the TV off and use the Alexa voice skill to play music on the same Sonos system, it starts out LOUD. If I set the volume level via "Alexa, volume 2 on the bedroom sonos", it is still pretty darned LOUD. If I set the Volume level to 1 using the Alexa command, it's way too soft. Volume level 5 and above are rock concert sound levels that endanger the sheetrock. If I use the Sonos app, I have plenty of volume granularity and I can set to the perfect level. Is there any way to adjust the HUGE range between what Alexa thinks is Sonos volume level one and Sonos Volume level 2??

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Have you tried the command 'Alexa, softer' or 'Alexa, louder'?
Yes, I have and softer goes down in volume to "1" which is too soft. Louder goes to volume "2" which is Loud. Only the app provides the granularity. The voice commands seem to be roughly like this: 1 = 1x, 2 = 3x, 3 and onward are incremental as expected. Between one and three, the spoken controls are huge jumps in volume.