Answered

Sonos Roam not responding to Alexa Routine

• 31 August 2023
  • 4 replies

have created a routine in Amazon Alexa which includes playing music from the Sonos Roam. After some time when the Roam goes into sleep mode - it seems that it does not respond to the Alexa routine unless it is manually woken up.

I have read other forums which say the Roam should respond to Alexa routines even while in sleep mode - so

I'm wondering if there is something else I need to do

All I can think is to disable to sleep mode on the Roam so it is alway on, but obviously this has effects on battery life

Cheers for any input!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 1 September 2023, 14:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Bradtaylor0518 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you want Roam to respond to Alexa routines, it should be connected to power. Sleep mode will prevent it from responding to routines, and having power connected will ensure that the Roam is powered on when the routine is set to go off.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply - do you think there is any difference in the type of charger used? 

I was initially using a Qi wireless charger but the roam didn’t seem to stay on - I will try with the sonos wire charger to see if this makes a difference! 

There certainly are voltage/amperage minimums that need to be met, you can’t use any random Qi charger.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Bradtaylor0518 

What Bruce said. You should find all you need to know on our Power adapter requirements for charging Sonos Roam help page.

I hope this helps. If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate.