Answered

Sonos Roam not playing BBC Radio 2, or any other radio music

• 16 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

My Roam previously play radio music without an issue. Now, if I say ‘Alexa, play BBC radio 2’ it responds with ‘playing BBC radio 2’, then ‘BBC Sounds’. Previously it would then start playing music, but now I only get silence. It seems to affect any music station I try to play, eg Smooth FM. Alexa will still answer queries, so it is connected to the internet, and I can see it on my Sonos app. Any ideas for fixing this?

icon

Best answer by BlueAstra 16 September 2022, 12:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you enabled the BBC Sounds skill in the Alexa app?

Badge

Yes, its enabled. The device used to play OK, but now doesn’t.

Userlevel 7

As other stations aren’t working either, I’d remove Alexa from the Roam and re-add for a fresh install.

Badge

I tried deleting Alexa from the Roam and reinstalling it but no luck, still responds with ‘playing BBC radio 2’, then ‘ ‘chime’ BBC Sounds’, followed by silence. I tried asking it to just ‘Play Music’ and it responding ‘here’s a station you might like on Amazon Music’ again followed by silence. I’ve just discovered I get the same error on my Sonos Beam which is attached to the TV.

Badge

I think I have found a solution. Deleting and re-installing Alexa from the Sonos app did not solve the problem. However, I then tried deleting the Sonos skill from the Alexa app and then re-installed it. Music now plays on both my Roam and Beam if I say ‘Alexa, play BBC radio 2’ or ‘Alexa, play music’.