Answered

Sonos Roam connect to Echo Dot via Bluetooth?

• 28 May 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Can the ROAM be connected to an Echo Dot via Bluetooth as to allow my to use the ROAM as an external speaker for the Dot?  If not, can I can change the Voice Assistant wake work on the Roam; I have a daughter named Alexa.  Thank you and be well….

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 28 May 2021, 05:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, you can pair an Echo Dot with a Roam over Bluetooth in the Alexa app under the Device Settings.

Changing the wake word is not currently supported on Alexa-enabled Sonos speakers.

Badge +1

@GuitarSuperstar , thanks for the reply.  So, I paired the Dot to the Roam and while it paired successfully, there was no sound from the ROAM,

Userlevel 7

I just paired one of my Echo Dots with my Roam. The Roam didn’t play any audio at first, but after a couple of minutes it started working.

Badge +1

I just paired one of my Echo Dot’s with my Roam. The Roam didn’t play any audio at first, but after a couple of minutes it started working.

Um, I’ll give it another try when I get home from work.  It definitely did NOT work initially even though it paired successfully.  Just a side thought, are there different generation DOTS?  Once again, thank you!

Userlevel 7

No problem. Glad I can help.

There are four generations of the Echo Dot. I paired my 2nd Generation Dot to the Roam.

From left to right: 2nd Gen, 3rd Gen, 4th Gen

Badge +1

Ok, I have the 2nd. generation one.  I will try it again tonight and give it a few minutes to sync up.  Once again, much appreciated!  I will report back.

hockey puck, hockey puck, soft ball.

Joking aside, if you paired a dot with a Roam via bluetooth, and then grouped the Roam with  any of/all the other Sonos speakers across your house,  you could here the Alexa response anywhere you want to.

Badge +1

hockey puck, hockey puck, soft ball.

Joking aside, if you paired a dot with a Roam via bluetooth, and then grouped the Roam with  any of/all the other Sonos speakers across your house,  you could here the Alexa response anywhere you want to.

Awesome, thank you.  I am really hoping that my DOT works with the ROAM.

Badge +1

Ok, so tried again, no luck.   So, decided to call CS and we were able to set it up that when I say, “Hey Amazon, Play xxx through Sonos Roam”, that works for music.  Thanks again!