Answered

Sonos Roam Alexa Spotify Skill Not Found

• 28 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi, I have been trying to set up Alexa on my Sonos Roam (since Google Assistant could never discover my device, which is a whole separate issue), to play Spotify but whenever I tell Alexa to play Spotify, it says I have to enable the skill in the Alexa app, which I have already done.

Spotify is set up in the Alexa app as well as default music service, and in the Sonos Mobile App as music service, both are set up with the same Spotify Premium account. No matter what I do, Alexa can’t find the spotify skill for some reason. I say “Alexa, Play Spotify” and it says “To do that, enable the skill for the Sonos Roam in your Alexa App, then ask me to discover devices.” The Sonos Skill is enabled, and there are no devices to be discovered when I ask it to.

I’m so very lost, do I need to contact Amazon since this is an issue with Alexa? Or can this be solved here?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 28 October 2023, 12:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Which country are you attempting this from? Perhaps check your Sonos online profile and see if it’s set to the correct country settings. See below link:

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/myaccount/user/profile