Question

SONOS Playlists on Alexa

• 18 February 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
I have read myriad comments about the Alexa/SONOS relationship and there seems to me to be myriad conflicts in information.

As I understand it so far, there is no way to have Alexa play SONOS playlists in the same fashion as a playlist on say, Pandora, without first selecting the SONOS playlist in the SONOS app. OK, I am not happy with that because it involves many steps. But, accept it for now.

I have a large investment in time and money in my own music and would like to use the playlists I have designed instead of those someone else I don't even know. I don't wish to spend the same amount of time developing lists in Pandora.

The main question that has not been answered is: What is being done, if anything, to get Alexa and SONOS to talk to each other so that I can simply ask Alexa to my SONOS playlists?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The CEO stated in a podcast a week or so ago that they are working on Alexa control of local libraries and other services not natively supported by Alexa. That's about all the news you will get.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
I guess that will have to do. But, as a consumer, it seems to me that we who support both Alexa and SONOS should be kept better informed. Perhaps I ask too much.